Common Warning Signs for Foundation issues:
Inside the Building:
• Wall, ceiling or drywall cracks.
• Stuck or difficult to open doors and windows.
• Cracks or separations between walls and ceilings.
• Cracks or separations between walls and floors
• Nails exposed through drywall.
• Floor is unleveled or shows signs of cracking.
Related: 6 common causes of foundation damage
Outside the Building:
• Cracked masonry or concrete
• Roof line shows signs of sagging.
• Stuck or difficult to open doors.
• Gaps or separations between window edges and bricks or walls.
• Bricks may become pushed out.
• Fireplace may become detached from the rest of your home.
Related : 5 Main Reasons For Foundation Repair
What can cause your foundation to move?
• Extremely dry soil or weather conditions.
• Extremely wet soil
• Soil compression
• Poorly draining, compacted soils.
• Earthquakes or Aftershocks
• Soil Moisture loss due to excessive roots
• Shallow footings
• Broken or Cracked pipes
Related: A foundation which appears level may need repair
California Foundation Works are the foundation repair contracting specialists, and we have professional solutions for all your foundation issues. We offer a no-obligation, free inspection to all prospective clients. We take pride in ensuring that families all over Southern California have a seismically safe property foundation, and with our services you can rest assured your home has no structural weaknesses that might jeopardize you or your loved ones. Call California Foundation Works today at (323) 418-2239, for a free* service consultation.